You are here
Home > News > Music icon Prince was treated for drug overdose days before his death

Music icon Prince was treated for drug overdose days before his death

prince-dead-reports

By Bekithemba Ndebele

The music icon Prince Rogers Nelson’s death shocked the world as the reports circulated on Thursday afternoon. The music icon was confirmed dead at Paisley Park in Minnesota, days after being rushed to hospital after falling ill on tour, The Telegraph UK reported.

The cause of death is still not known as the authorities are still investigating.

According to The Telegraph UK, on Thursday night, Prince’s publicist released a statement saying “It is with profound sadness that I am confirming that the legendary, iconic performer, Prince Rogers Nelson, has died at his Pailsely Park residence this morning at the age of 57. There are no further details as to the cause of death at this time.”

However, TMZ, the American celebrity gossip site, claimed that Prince was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death on Thursday, 21 April 2016.

The doctors gave Prince a “safe shot” after he was rushed to hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effect of opiates. Doctors apparently advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours, however, he left after three hours, reported TMZ.

Meanwhile, tribute continues to pour in from around the world as people remember the life of the music legendary Prince.

A post-mortem examination of Prince’s body is expected to take place today on 22 April 2016.

The music legendary was one of the best-selling artists of all time, with countless hits that he will be remembered with, including Purple Rain, When Doves Cry and Kiss. He claimed seven-time Grammy winnings and an Oscar award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

Thousands of fans are reported pouring in at Apollo to pay tribute to the passed on icon, Prince.

 

Leave a Reply

Top